Going To California | Led Zeppelin
- This was inspired by Joni Mitchell’s “California.” Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were huge fans of hers. When performed live, after the lines “To find the queen without a king they say she plays guitar and cries and sings,” Plant would often say the name “Joni.”
- The original title was “Guide To California.”
- This started as a song about earthquakes, but developed into a song about the search for a woman.
- John Paul Jones played mandolin on this track and Page played acoustic guitar.
7 Great quotes about libraries on photos of beautiful libraries
With libraries around the world in danger of extinction, Flavorwire posted a series of great quotes about libraries from famous writers. I decided to pair them with some of the world’s most beautiful libraries. You’re welcome;
- Trinity College Library - University of Dublin
- University Club Library – New York City
- Admont Abbey Library – Austria
- Real Gabinete Português de Leitura – Rio de Janeiro
- Suzzalo Library at the University of Washington – Seattle
- Yale University’s Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Canadian Library of Parliament – Ottawa
Click a photo to see full size. Support your local library, kids. Part two.
The Tumblr app is almost as shit as your comment that i can’t delete